Monday, January 21, 2013

Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes


So with a new semester of college, my awesome job and teaching 4 and 5 year-olds about Jesus I barely have time to make dinner, let alone bake cupcakes. So I think from now I'm just going to post whenever I get the chance to make some new flavors. =) My co-worker gave me the idea for these cupcakes and let me say, they are super tasty! 

Ingredients for the cake
1 box of yellow cake mix (don't follow instructions on cake mix)
3 eggs
1 cup water
1 stick butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar + 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, combined

Directions

  1. Mix cake mix, eggs, water, and butter together until thick and creamy.
  2. Fill tins 1/4 way full.
  3. Add about a teaspoon brown sugar/cinnamon to each.
  4. Fill the rest and sprinkle some more brown sugar/cinnamon mixture.
  5. Swirl mixture with a knife.
Cream Cheese Frosting
Ingredients
8oz block of cream cheese, softened
1 stick butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups powdered sugar

Directions
  1. Add all together, make sure the butter and cream cheese are soft, and mix.
  2. Yeah...that's it...if mixture is too thick add 2 teaspoons of milk.
Glaze
Ingredients
1 stick butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon.
Directions
  1. Add all together and cook in microwave for 30 seconds.
  2. Mix it until combined and spoon over tops of cupcakes. 


Remember to Lick That Whisk!

No comments:

Post a Comment